- Habla Espanol?
Steven P. Garmisa
Steven P. Garmisa joined the firm in 2002. Steve handles appeals and some of the more complicated Trial Court disputes for members of the Team at Hoey & Farina. After graduating with high honors from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1979, Steve worked as a Law Clerk for a justice on the Illinois Appellate Court, and taught at John Marshall Law School.
In more than a quarter century of practicing law, Steve has handled numerous appeals and has written hundreds of articles on legal developments. Steve's articles (Trial Notebook) have appeared in the Illinois State Bar Journal, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Chicago Sun-Times, and Daily Southtown. Currently, Steve is the page one, daily columnist for the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. He was recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer, 2009 - 2012.University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign - B.A. / IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law - J.D. with High Honors
Articles Written by this Author
- Big Supreme Court Victory For Railroaders - Part II
- Big Supreme Court Victory For Railroaders - Part I
- Farina Beats BNSF on "Sole Cause" Defense
- Railroader Discovers The "Discovery Rule," The Hard Way
- Trouble In Paradise
- Are Federal Appellate Judges Biased Against Plaintiffs?
- Big Win For Plaintiffs On Where Lawsuits Will Be Tried
- Railroader Discovers The "Discovery Rule" - The Hard Way
- Railroad Punished For Destroying Evidence
- Top Ten Lies From Railroad Claim Agents
- Railroad Shoots Itself In The Caboose